PowerView® SERIAL API
PowerView® Serial API¶
The serial API is for hub gen1 only. hub gen2 onwards will only support the above described http API
You will need a separate Serial connection cable for a serial connection to the Hub (sold separately).
|2||RDX||to computer||Receive data|
|3||TDX||from computer||Transmit data|
- COM port settings: speed: 9600, stop bit: 1, Parity: None.
- Each request to the Hub begins with a
?followed by a two-character ASCII command. Each successful response from the Hub begins with a
!followed by the same two ASCII characters.
- All messages are terminated with a carriage return
x0D. In this document a carriage return is designated as
- Scene and Room identifiers are transmitted as an ASCII string representing an integer value ranging from zero (0) to 65535.
- Names of Scenes and Rooms are always located as the last parameter of a response and may include spaces.
Request scene count¶
To retrieve the list of Scenes that have been configured and stored in the PowerView® Hub, a request is first sent to the Hub requesting the total number of Scenes stored
!SC <count> //the number of scenes programmed in the hub.
Request a Scene Object¶
Specific information about each individual Scene may be retrieved by sending a series of requests to the Hub. Each request includes an index within a range from one (1) to the total scene count.
?SO <index> <cr>
!SO <index> <scene ID> <room ID> <name>
Request list of scene objects¶
Specific information about all Scenes may be retrieved by sending a single request to the Hub.
!SL <scene1 ID> <roomX ID> <name1> <scene2 ID> <roomY ID> <name2> <scene3 ID> <roomZ ID> <name3> ...
Execute one or more scenes¶
A list from one (1) to 28 Scenes may be executed using a single command.
?SE <scene ID 1> <scene ID 2> ...<scene ID 28> <cr>
document version: 1.0 | generated: 2021-01-21 00:12:55